2. The two of you always feel defensive around one another, as if you’re both always ready to jump down each other’s throats over something.
3. You don’t really care if your friends or family like them.
4. Maybe subconsciously, you don’t care if your friends and family like them because you’re telling yourself this won’t last forever anyway.
5. You’re exhausted after hanging out with them, instead of relaxed and happy.
6. You feel tense when you go out to dinner, like you have to be constantly thinking on your feet so that you don’t run out of things to talk about.
7. When thinking about your future, you have to remember to try and include them in it instead of automatically including them without even thinking about it.
8. You feel relieved when they have to cancel plans and you get to hang out by yourself or with your friends instead.
9. You have no desire to grow or improve yourself when you’re around them. Instead, you feel like you could just stay in your current situation forever and neither one of you would care or notice.
10. Hanging out feels more like an obligation than something to look forward to.